October 18-20, 2019
NorthBay Adventure Camp
11 Horseshoe Point Lane
North East, MD 21901
Bring your Middle School youth for a weekend of service projects, faith-filled discussions, and relationship-building in small groups. FreeRide includes workshops and networking for adults, as well as opportunities to worship together. Come make new friends and renew friendships with attendees from throughout our synod!
$250 per person includes program, lodging, meals, activities, and a t-shirt. Scholarships of $100 or $200 are available for participants!
You may have noticed that the cost for this event has increased from last year to this year. For more information on this increase and ways we are working to keep costs to families as low as possible, please read this letter from Deacon Julie.
How to register
- Distribute the 2019-2020 Youth Event Individual Registration Form and the NorthBay Waiver Form to all participants. Your church’s primary leader will use the forms to complete the registration online. You’ll need to submit these forms when you check in Friday, October 18 (if you need to retain them for your own records, please make copies). Remember to collect any scholarship applications now.
- After collecting forms from your group, the primary leader completes the group registration summary form.
- Using the Individual Registration Forms and Group Registration Summary Form, register your group online below. If you received any scholarship applications, please enter them into the online form.
- Once you have completed entering the information online, please send your non-refundable deposit of $120/person by the registration deadline of Friday, September 27, 2019 in one check made out to “Delaware-Maryland Synod” with “FreeRide” and your congregation name in the memo line to Julie Stecker, Delaware-Maryland Synod, 575 S Charles Street, Suite 202, Baltimore, MD 21201. You may also pay via our online portal by entering your total, selecting “Youth Events” from the dropdown menu next to “To:,” and entering the rest of the required information. Please do not bring any checks with you to the event.
That’s it! Once your deposit is received, the primary leader will receive a confirmation letter by email. The remaining balance is due before FreeRide begins.
Event staff, Small Group Leaders, Work Crew, LYO members not attending with a congregation, and LYO Mentors register here.
Additions/Deletions/Substitutions to your group?
Click here to make changes (coming soon).
Registered congregations may need the following resources:
- General Confirmation Letter (one with specific congregational information was e-mailed to each church’s primary leader)
- Individual Registration Form (a completed and signed form needs to be submitted on Friday evening when the group arrives)
- NorthBay Release Form (required for every participant)
- FreeRide participants are asked to generously contribute to the LWR School Kits Initiative. Click here for details about what to bring with you.
FreeRide relies on a small group of adults (ages 18+) and high school students who help as the Work Crew for the weekend – serving in the kitchen and dining room to serve the event participants. We request that each congregation attending FreeRide bring one Work Crew member with them for every 10 youth and adult participants attending (for example, if you have 10 or fewer people attending, we ask that you bring one Work Crew member; if you have 10-20 participants, we ask that you bring two Work Crew members). We also welcome those who may not have a congregation attending but would like to serve. For more information on Work Crew, you can download the informational letter. You can register for Work Crew online (coming soon!).