2021 Synod Assembly
The 34th annual Assembly of the Delaware-Maryland Synod, ELCA will be held Friday, June 4 through Saturday, June 5, 2021. Synod Assembly will be held virtually this year, beginning on June 4 at 6:30 p.m. and closing on June 5 at 12:30 p.m.
Registrants will receive information about how to connect to this event over Zoom along with their voting credentials in advance of Assembly.
This webpage will be updated in the coming weeks as more information becomes available. For more information about this year’s Synod Assembly, you are invited to read this letter from Synod Secretary Nancy Gordon, which you can also find below under “Important Information”.
Registration for Synod Assembly 2021 is live! You can register using this form.
Register before May 1, 2021 to receive the Early Bird registration rate! All who register between May 1, 2021 and May 31, 2021 will be charged the Regular registration rate. Late registrations will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. on June 3, 2021.
Please note that the primary mode for registration for Assembly is online. Online payments are to be made by credit card. This is a secure site for registration.
Multiple registrations can be completed at one time by selecting the “Add Attendee” button at the bottom of the form. No password is needed, and we ask that you enter individual email addresses for each registrant.
When you register, make sure to include a country code with the address of your registration! We suggest that you use “US” or “USA.” Without a code, you may experience increased difficulty in submitting your registration.
When you fill in the name and city of your congregation, please reference the “List of Delaware-Maryland Synod Congregations” linked here (and below under “Important Information.”) By using this list to locate your congregation and entering the name and city shown on the spreadsheet, it will make it much easier for us to identify you as a member of the correct congregation. Some of our organizations are not listed in the spreadsheet (for example, Baltimore Lutheran Campus Ministry, Synod Staff, etc.), so if you serve a ministry not listed, please fill in the name of that organization as you know it. We may follow up to confirm your congregation or organization after your registration has been submitted. Thank you!
If you prefer to pay by check, please print out a copy of your online registration and send with the check to:
Cindy VanVliet, Associate for Community
Delaware-Maryland Synod, ELCA
575 South Charles Street, Suite 202
Baltimore, MD 21201-2482
If you are unable to register online, please call our synod office (410-230-2860) before May 15, 2021 for assistance.
- 2021 Synod Assembly Letter
- List of Delaware-Maryland Synod Congregations
- Lay Voting Member count by congregation
- List of positions up for election
- Nominee Biographical Information form
- Memorials and Resolution submission form (due April 15, 2021)
- Bulletin of Reports submission form (due April 15, 2021)
- 2020 Assembly Cancellation Notice
- 2019 Assembly Summary
The following list details the positions up for election at this year’s Assembly. Please note that of the positions listed, nominees for those that include a Conference designation will come from the respective Conference Dean.
If you have been nominated for a position, please complete this Biographical Information form in advance of April 15, 2021 to ensure that your information is included in the Bulletin of Reports. Any questions about the Nominations process can be directed to Matt Herzberg, Nominations Committee chair.
The following positions on Synod Council are up for election:
- Synod Council Treasurer
- Synod Council Secretary
- Synod Council Clergy Representative (Baltimore City)
- Synod Council Clergy Representative (Baltimore West and Anne Arundel)
- Synod Council Clergy Representative (Baltimore Northeast and Harford)
- Synod Council Lay Representative (Delmarva North and South)
- Synod Council Conference Deans Representative
- Synod Council Young Adult Representative (18-30 at time of election)
- Synod Council Representative – Person of Color/Primary Language other than English
- Synod Council Team Leader – Communications Team
- Synod Council Team Leader – Leadership Team
The following positions on our synod’s Discipline and Consultation Committees are up for election:
- Clergy Representative (Discipline Committee)
- Lay Representative (Discipline Committee)
- Clergy Representative (Consultation Committee)
- Lay Representative (Consultation Committee)
The following positions in our synod’s delegation to the 2022 ELCA Churchwide Assembly are up for election:
- Youth Representative
- Young Adult Representative (18-30 at time of election)
- Representative – Person of Color/Primary Language other than English
- Clergy Representative (at-large)
- Lay Representative (at-large)
- Clergy Representative (Frederick)
- Lay Representative (Alleghany and Washington)
- Clergy Representative (Baltimore West and Anne Arundel)
- Lay Representative (Westminster)
- Clergy Representative (Delmarva North and South)
- Lay Representative (Baltimore City)
- Lay Representative (Baltimore Northeast and Harford)