From the Synod Constitution Bylaws and Continuing Resolutions: A Committee on Finance shall be appointed annually by the Synod Council. Duties of the committee shall include:
- overseeing the operations of the office of treasurer;
- reviewing the synod’s insurance policies and recommending changes in coverage/carrier(s) when, and if, necessary;
- recommending to the Synod Council the auditor for the synod’s accounts, reviewing the report thereof, and recommending changes in operations and/or practices as necessary;
- monitoring the synod’s investments and recommending changes to the Synod Council and/or the treasurer; and
- assisting the Synod Council and/or the treasurer in implementing finance-related assignments as requested by the Synod Council or the treasurer.